Kabatas - Mecidiyekoy - Mahmutbey Metro Line
Tendered by Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality, Kabatas – Mecidiyekoy – Mahmutbey (KMM) metro line was constructed by Alsim Alarko. The line is 22.5 km long and includes 19 stations and a depot area. Alsim Alarko delivered construction of tunnels and stations between Kabatas and Mecidiyekoy along with finishing works and installation of electro-mechanical systems between Mecidiyekoy and Mahmutbey. In 2023, it is estimated that the line will carry 807.000 passengers daily.
KMM is the first metro project in Turkey designed on a BIM platform using 5D design technology. Projects prepared by Prota on a BIM platform were nominated to AEC Excellence Awards 2017 final in Infrastructure category.
Within the scope of the project, Prota’s services include;
- Track-way Alignment Engineering and Railway Design
- NATM and TBM Tunnel Design
- Architectural and Finishing Works Design
- Structural, Geotechnical and Excavation Support System Design
- Electrical and Electromechanical System Design
- Mechanical Engineering Design
- Fire Safety Engineering and Control System Design
- Line Electrification and Catenary System Design
- Acoustic and Vibration Design