“Building Information Modelling and its Applications” Seminar in Eskisehir
On November 10th 2016, Project Manager and BIM Expert of Prota, Saniye Öktem organized a seminar on “Building Information Modeling (BIM) and Its Applications”. The seminar was held in Chamber of Civil Engineers Building in Eskisehir, Turkey.
In this two-session seminar, Oktem addressed to members of Chamber of Civil Engineers who are mostly site managers and construction supervisors. In her presentation, she emphasized the significance and the benefits of BIM by highlighting some relevant BIM topics such as;
- What is Building Information Modeling (BIM)?
- Why do we need BIM in the construction sector?
- BIM usage around the world
- Key benefits of implementing a project on a BIM environment
- General overlook to the BIM solutions
- Prota’s transition story into BIM technology
- Issues and problems that may arise during the transition process from 2D drawing into BIM technology