Sabiha Gökçen Airport
Sabiha Gokçen airport terminal was the biggest seismically isolated structure at the time it was built. Opened in 2009, the airport project received European Steel Design Award by the European Convention for Constructional Steelwork (ECCS) and Award of Merit by Structural Engineers Association of California (SEAC). In this project, Prota performed independent design inspection along with building inspection.
Within the scope of the design inspection, Prota provided the following services;
- Delivery of seismic safety with Triple Pendulum Seismic Isolation System, inspection of the applied loads, evaluation of the structural model and inspection of the analysis results using independent modeling.
- Evaluation of pile foundation systems and preparation of geotechnical reports for the terminal building.
- Selection of seismic isolator systems for the terminal building, preparation of necessary technical specifications, evaluation of seismic system proposals, participation at the isolation tests and selection of the most appropriate structural system.
- Inspection of structural models and calculations, evaluation of seismic design of isolator systems and inspection of steel composite structures and underlying reinforced structures.
- Evaluation of bridges, inspection of analysis, evaluation of the analysis results using independent modelling and presentation of design inspection report.